Acts 3 & 4
If you remember, last week we talked about the temptation to try to protect himself that Peter could not deny – instead he denied Jesus! More importantly, we talked about Jesus’ great love and forgiveness for Peter and how Peter was transformed by them.
Today, we will see that the power that changed the lame man from a helpless person into a joyful worshiper of God is the same power that makes us sons and daughters of the King!
All of us are like the lame man – we all need healing of our body or our soul and Jesus can heal us.
- Like the lame man, we may wish that we had more money – but we’ll learn that having a relationship with the Messiah is worth so much more.
- Like the lame man, we may ask for something from God – but learn that His love will transform us.
- And like the lame man, we can experience the love of Jesus, His power and authority, and a glimpse into the kingdom of God!
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Rudy & Julia’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Julia & Rudy for a little while to LEARN about the time Peter Heals a Lame Man. We will be learning from the book of Acts. We’ll learn more about how Peter was able to use Jesus’ love and forgiveness to allow the man to have his whole life transformed. That’s the same love and forgiveness that changed Peter and will change all of us who follow Jesus!
In today’s video, Peter Heals a Lame Man, we’ll learn that, though we make think we need more money or to be stronger, God’s plan for us is much bigger! Through the love of Jesus Christ, we are transformed and become able to everything that God plan’s for us to do. We’ve learned this before and it’s such and important lesson that we study it again – once again, we see how Jesus’ love for us can help us do mighty works for God! Let’s learn a little bit more….
WORSHIP THROUGH MUSIC:
Jesus’s love and forgiveness gives us reason to celebrate and so we praise Him and thank Him. Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him for all that He has given us with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Peter Heals a Lame Man. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Acts-3-Peter-Heals-the-Lame-Man-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Acts-3-Peter-Heals-the-Lame-Man-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Acts-3-Peter-Heals-the-Lame-Man-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Acts-3-Peter-Heals-the-Lame-Man-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzle.pdf
But Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!”Acts 3:6
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- LifeTree Kids YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/LifetreeKids/about
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids