Acts 4:32–37 to Acts 5:1–11
Today’s lesson is the story of a couple named Ananias and Sapphira who decided to sell a piece of property and donate the money. Instead of giving up all of it, they held back a portion for themselves and lied, saying they were giving the full amount.
- Ananias & Sapphira were motivated by their own glory, not God’s. We’ll see how that causes many problems.
- We’ll also learn that there is no such thing as a little or acceptable lie. When we lie, we sin.
- And, most importantly, we’ll learn that in situations like this, when we’re tempted to lie, we need to ask for God’s help.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Rudy & Julia’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Julia & Rudy for a little while to LEARN about Ananias & Sapphira. We will be learning from the book of Acts and we’ll learn the dangers of doing things our way rather than God’s way.
In today’s video, we’ll see Ananias & Sapphira, and how their decision to lie about money was sinful and what that sin cost them. And, we’re reminded that, if we’re tempted to sin or if we have sinned, God loves us and will forgive us if we go to Him and confess. He will help us so that we don’t feel like we have to lie or commit any other sin. Let’s learn a little bit more….
WORSHIP THROUGH MUSIC:
Temptation is all around us and can lead us to lie and do other things that does not please God. We can go to God for help when we are tempted, so we praise Him and thank Him. Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him for all that He has given us with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Ananias & Sapphira. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Acts-5-Ananias-and-Sapphira-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Acts-5-Ananias-and-Sapphira-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Acts-5-Ananias-and-Sapphira-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Acts-5-Ananias-and-Sapphira-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
Why is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to man but to God.Acts 5:4