If you remember, last week we talked about the Ascension and Pentecost. We learned about Jesus going to Heaven and leaving a helper for us here on Earth – the Holy Spirit, who He is, what He does and how He can help us today .
Today, knowing what we know about Jesus’s Ascension and the Holy Spirit appearing to the disciples, we are going to step back a little bit and learn something about the Bible. Did you know that the Bible – the whole Bible – is a book about Jesus? It is and it is full of clues that help us know Jesus better and to walk with Him closer.
- We find puzzle pieces of truth throughout the Bible that uncover more and more about the Messiah. Every story in the Bible is carefully placed and points to who He is.
- The Scriptures had predicted long before Jesus came that He would die so that we would be forgiven our sins.
- It is through knowledge of the Scriptures that we come to recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Rudy & Julia’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Julia & Rudy for a little while to LEARN about The Road to Emmaus. Today, we will be learning from the book of Luke. Listen and learn about how God showed us His plan always including a way for us to receive forgiveness and to have relationship with Him. His plan was to send Jesus!
In today’s video, The Road to Emmaus, the Scriptures had predicted long before Jesus came that He would die so that we would be forgiven our sins. The Scriptures – the Holy Bible – is also the BEST place for us to get to know Jesus better! Let’s learn a little bit more….
WORSHIP THROUGH MUSIC:
Jesus’s victory over the grave gives us reason to celebrate and so we praise Him and thank Him. Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him for all that He has given us with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, The Road to Emmaus. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Luke-24-Road-to-Emmaus-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Luke-24-Road-to-Emmaus-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Luke-24-Road-to-Emmaus-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Luke-24-Road-to-Emmaus-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.Luke 24:27