Luke 24:50-53 & Acts 1 & 2
Well, last week was Easter – Resurrection Day! On this day, God showed the depth of His love through Jesus’ death on the cross. On this day, every man, woman, and child who accepts the sacrifice that Jesus made on their behalf was saved.
Today we learn about Jesus going to Heaven and leaving a helper for us here on Earth – the Holy Spirit, who He is, what He does and how He can help us today:
- After Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected from dead, He walked on Earth with His disciples. We’ll learn today that He then ascended to Heaven.
- When Jesus ascended to Heaven, God sent the Holy Spirit to help His disciples preach.
- When the Holy Spirit first appeared to the disciples, He came in the form of little flames of fire that appeared over their heads.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Rudy & Julia’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Julia & Rudy for a little while to LEARN about the Ascension & Pentecost. Today, we will be learning from the Acts – the first book in the Bible following the Gospels. Listen and learn about how God’s perfect plan to save us from our sins continues….
In today’s video, Ascension & Pentecost, Jesus rises to Heaven and sends the Holy Spirit to help the disciples to continue the teachings of Jesus’ ministry. The disciples gather together and the Holy Spirit appears in the form of little flames of fire that appeared over their heads. Let’s learn a little bit more….
WORSHIP THROUGH MUSIC:
Jesus’s victory over the grave gives us reason to celebrate and so we praise Him and thank Him. Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him for all that He has given us with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, He is Risen. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/The-Ascension-and-Pentecost-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/The-Ascension-and-Pentecost-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/The-Ascension-and-Pentecost-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/The-Ascension-and-Pentecost-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance.Acts 2:4
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- Jana Alayra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdOVna5UHv_vHvtib6qZKUA
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids