Matthew 26 & 27
If you remember, last week we studied the saddest day in Jesus’ life on Earth – the day of His Crucifixion. And, we learned that on that day, Jesus made it possible for us to live on after we leave this world, that because of His suffering we are able to live forever in heaven.
Today, we will study about another amazing day in Jesus’ life, the day of His Resurrection. Easter! On this day, God demonstrated the depth of His love through Jesus’ death on the cross. On this day, Jesus endured ridicule, hatred, punishment, and death—all to keep God’s promise that, through His Son, sins would be forgiven, emotional and physical wounds would be healed, and our relationship with God would be restored. Every man, woman, and child who accepts the sacrifice that Jesus made on their behalf will be saved.
Today we learn about:
- Love: God demonstrated His intense love for us; no matter how bad we are, He loves us, and He sent His Son to die for us (Romans 5:8).
- Promise: Even before the world was created, God had a plan to save mankind and bring us back into relationship with Him (I Peter 1:20). He promised that He would send a Messiah, and He kept that promise.
- Relationship: When sin entered the world, one of the first effects was the loss of close fellowship with God. When Jesus died, that relationship was mended for all those who put their trust in His sacrifice.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Rudy & Julia’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Julia & Rudy for a little while to LEARN about the resurrection – He is Risen! This lesson is told to us in each of the 4 Gospels in the Bible. Today, we’re going to read from the book of Matthew. Ask your family to watch with you and talk to them about this lesson afterwards.
In today’s video, He is Risen, Jesus has conquered death and He has restored the relationship between God and those who believe in Him. Jesus’ death on the cross ended our separation from God caused by sin. Today, His victory over death opens the way for us to be in relationship with God and to look forward to a life everlasting in heaven. Let’s learn a little bit more….
WORSHIP THROUGH MUSIC:
Jesus’s victory over the grave gives us reason to celebrate and so we praise Him and thank Him. Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him for all that He has given us with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, He is Risen. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Matthew-28-He-Is-Risen-Easter-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Matthew-28-He-Is-Risen-Easter-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Matthew-28-He-Is-Risen-Easter-Kids-Spot-the-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Matthew-28-He-Is-Risen-Easter-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
He is not here, for He has risen, as He said. Come, see the place where He lay.Matthew 28:6
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- Covenant Kids YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/CovenantKids
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids