Matthew 26 & 27
If you remember, a couple of weeks ago, we learned how Jesus taught His disciples to pray and how He gave us a model for us to use when we pray. Last week, talked about prayer again – we talk about prayer a LOT! That’s because God gives us the power of prayer and it’s very important to our relationship with Jesus.
Today, we’re going to study a bit how Jesus made it possible for us to talk to God through prayer and to have our sins forgiven. We’re going to learn about The Crucifixion of Jesus. This can be a hard lesson, but it’s also an amazing lesson because we learn that Jesus made it possible for us to live on after we leave this world, that because of His suffering we are able to live forever in heaven. We’ll talk about:
- How Jesus was betrayed by one of His disciples, one of his friends and then arrested and was tried in a court before the religious leaders.
- The religious leaders said that Jesus had to be killed and when he died the earth shook, rocks were split, tombs were opened, and the veil in the temple was torn in two.
- Those who were with Jesus after his death and witnessed these things were filled with awe and knew that He truly was the Son of God.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Rudy & Julia’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Julia & Rudy for a little while to LEARN about The Crucifixion of Jesus. This lesson is told to us in each of the 4 Gospels in the Bible. Today, we’re going to read from the book of Matthew. Ask your family to watch with you and talk to them about this lesson afterwards.
In today’s video, The Crucifixion of Jesus, Jesus is treated very poorly and unfairly. He was found guilty of crimes – but He was not a criminal! The people who wanted Him to die, were afraid of His power and what people would think about them if they followed Jesus’ teaching. Remember that Jesus taught love, and The Crucifixion of Jesus was His way of bringing us to Our Heavenly Father – this was a true act of the love that He taught. Let’s learn a little bit more….
WORSHIP THROUGH MUSIC:
Jesus truly gave everything to us when He was crucified. And, He welcomes our prayer that we lift when we are scared, or need help. Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him for all that He has given us with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, The Crucifixion of Jesus . Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Jesus-Crucifixion-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Jesus-Crucifixion-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Jesus-Crucifixion-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Jesus-Crucifixion-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures.1 Corinthians 15:3