If you remember, a couple of weeks ago, we learned how Jesus taught His disciples and how He gave us a model for us to use when we pray. Last week, we learned that all of us have sinned. Our sin might not be exactly like Judas’ sin when he betrayed Jesus, but each one of us sins. We also learned about the Saving Grace we have in Jesus and that we can trust God’s word. in the prayer that we know as The Lord’s Prayer, a prayer that Christians pray often.
Today, we will study a bit more about prayer – Jesus’ Prayer in the Garden. We’ll learn:
- Jesus Was Fully Man: We often think of Jesus as God, and He is! But he was also fully human. This means He suffered and He knew what pain was and the coming of the cross brought great agony to His soul.
- The Power of Prayer: It has been said that more than changing our circumstances, prayer changes us. Through prayer, Jesus was able to quiet his anguish and come to a place of complete trust in the Father’s will.
- God’s Will Be Done: Following God does not mean that we will never experience pain and suffering. In fact, the Bible tells us just the opposite. But any pain the Lord leads us into He does so with purpose. Jesus’ suffering was not a tragedy but a triumph!
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Rudy & Julia’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Julia & Rudy for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson about Prayer in the Garden.
In today’s video, Prayer in the Garden, Jesus prays honestly to His Father at a time that was very difficult. His friends, the Disciples, couldn’t stay awake to help ease Jesus’ mind and Jesus shows us that God will always listen. This was another very diffcult time for Jesus. Let’s learn a little bit more….
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Worshipping together by lifting our voices with praise and thanksgiving is so pleasing to Jesus! And, He welcomes our prayer that we lift when we are scared, or need help. Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Jesus is Betrayed. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Matthew-26-Prayer-in-the-Garden-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Matthew-26-Prayer-in-the-Garden-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Matthew-26-Prayer-in-the-Garden-Spot-the-Differences.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Matthew-26-Prayer-in-the-Garden-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
This has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled.Matthew 26:56
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- Jana Alayra’s YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Montbear6178/featured
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids