If you remember, last week we talked about Jesus’s great power and our need to have faith in Him. We learned about how important it is to Be Still so we can hear God’s will for us, having peace in God’s love for us and having confidence in Jesus’ power.
Today, we are going to learn how to pray. And, we’re going to learn by reading in the Bible how Jesus taught His disciples to pray! Jesus gave us a model in the prayer that we know as The Lord’s Prayer, a prayer that Christians pray often.
We’ll learn that when we pray:
- We ask for God’s help us live in His will.
- We trust him to meet our needs.
- We ask him to forgive our sins and to help us forgive others.
- We ask God to help us when we are tempted to sin.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Rudy & Julia’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Julia & Rudy for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson about when Jesus Teaches How to Pray.
In today’s video, we learn a way to pray – following the model prayer we call The Lords Prayer. We pray to God because He loves us and wants to help us. Praying is the way we talk to God. Let’s learn a little bit more….
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Worshipping together by lifting our voices with praise and thanksgiving is so pleasing to Jesus! Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Jesus Teaches How to Pray. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/The-Lords-Prayer-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/The-Lords-Prayer-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/The-Lords-Prayer-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/The-Lords-Prayer-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in ChristPhilippians 4:6–7
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- Summit Kids YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SummitKidsWorship/about
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids