Matthew 26:14-16, 47-56
If you remember, last week we learned how to pray. We learned from the Bible how Jesus taught His disciples to pray and saw how we can pray in the same way! Jesus gave us a model in the prayer that we know as The Lord’s Prayer, a prayer that Christians pray often.
Today, we will study about a time that Jesus was betrayed. Betrayal is when a person breaks the trust and faith of others that trust them. As we listen and learn, we must also remember:
- We Have All Sinned: The chief priests condemned an innocent man. The disciple acted out of anger and cut off a man’s ear. Even in the presence of Jesus, these people sinned and showed that we all need a savior.
- We Are Saved by Faith: Jesus made it clear that his mission did require that anyone fight, but to trust that everything was working out as it had been planned.
- We Can Trust God’s Word: While parts of this story may feel like a defeat, Jesus makes it clear that everything that happened was purposeful, fulfilling the promises of Scripture.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Rudy & Julia’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Julia & Rudy for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson about when Jesus is Betrayed.
In today’s video, Jesus Is Betrayed. That means that someone very close to Jesus breaks the trust, faith and friendship that Jesus gave him. This was a very hurtful time for Jesus. Let’s learn a little bit more….
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Worshipping together by lifting our voices with praise and thanksgiving is so pleasing to Jesus! Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Jesus is Betrayed. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Matthew-26-Jesus-is-Betrayed-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Matthew-26-Jesus-is-Betrayed-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Matthew-26-Jesus-is-Betrayed-Spot-the-Differences.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Matthew-26-Jesus-is-Betrayed-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
But what God foretold by the mouth of all the prophets, that his Christ wouldActs 3:18
suffer, he thus fulfilled.
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- Maryville Vineyard Kids Worship YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIeqHrbo7yYkCOzqSYMQQ4g/about
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids