Matthew 14:22-33, Mark 6:45-52, John 6:16-21
If you remember, last week we learned about Jesus, the Great Healer, and His compassion for people who were so very hungry and how He used His miraculous power to meet their needs. Again, we learned from Jesus, the Great Teacher, about how to show others we love them and care about them.
Today, we will study about God’s great power and our need to have faith in Him:
- We’ll learn about having great faith. And how faith in Jesus can help us do things we never thought possible.
- We’ll also learn about how, when we let fear override faith, we become distracted by our fears and we lose sight of Jesus’ power to help us in any situation.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Rudy & Julia’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Julia & Rudy for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson about when Jesus Walks on Water.
In today’s video, we learn that when we focus on Jesus and put our faith in Jesus, we can do things that we cannot do when we focus on our fears. Jesus us wants us to believe that His power can help us do mighty things for God. Let’s learn a little bit more….
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Worshipping together by lifting our voices with praise and thanksgiving is so pleasing to Jesus! Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Jesus Walks on Water. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Walks-On-Water-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Walks-On-Water-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Walks-On-Water-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Walks-On-Water-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”Matthew 14:31
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- CCW VBS YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrvXyJoJrC2O6J_WcEZ06BQ
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids