Matthew 4:23-25, 8:1-7, Mark 5, 7
If you remember, last week talked about a time that Jesus became very angry. Jesus was angry because the temple, God’s house, had been turned into a place of business. He drove out the thieving merchants and traders because they disrespected the temple’s holiness.
This week, we will learn about some of the many times that Jesus healed someone who was sick. We know that Jesus was a great teacher, but this week we’ll learned that Jesus was also a great healer.
Jesus healed people because
- He loves people and He expressed that love by meeting their physical needs as well as their spiritual needs.
- By healing their bodies, Jesus gives us a physical example of how He can heal our hearts and souls.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Julia for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson about when Jesus Heals the Sick.
In today’s video, we learn Jesus heals because He loves people and, when He heals, He teaches us about being kind, caring and compassionate. Jesus heals our hearts and spirits just as He can heal bodies. Let’s learn a little bit more….
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Worshipping together by lifting our voices with praise and thanksgiving is so pleasing to Jesus! Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Jesus Heals the Sick. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Heals-The-Sick-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Heals-The-Sick-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Heals-The-Sick-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Heals-The-Sick-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
And He went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction among the people.Matthew 4:23