Last week, we learned that Jesus is a great healer as well as being a great teacher. We learned that Jesus healed people because He loves people and He expressed that love by meeting their physical needs as well as their spiritual needs. Also, by healing their bodies, Jesus gives us a physical example of how He can heal our hearts and souls.
This week, we will learn about Jesus’ compassion for the people who were so very hungry and how He used His miraculous power to meet their needs. Again, we learn from Jesus, the Great Teacher, about how to show others we love them and care about them.
Today, we will study about:
- Thanking God for everything He has given us and how we should wisely use what we have.
- Trusting in God’s unlimited resources – He always has whatever it is we need!
- Being good stewards by not wasting what God gives you, no matter how big or small it may be.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Julia & Rudy for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson about when Jesus Feeds 5,000.
In today’s video, we learn Jesus provides for our needs because He loves people and, when He heals, He teaches us about being kind, caring and compassionate. Jesus meets our needs and we follow Jesus by helping to meet the needs of others. Let’s learn a little bit more….
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Worshipping together by lifting our voices with praise and thanksgiving is so pleasing to Jesus! Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Jesus Heals the Sick. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Feeds-5000-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Feeds-5000-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Feeds-5000-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Feeds-5000-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.Matthew 14:14
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- Lifetree Kids YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/LifetreeKids/about
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids