Matthew 8:22-27; Mark 4:35-41; Luke 8:22-25
If you remember, last week we talked about God’s great power and our need to have faith in Him. Today, we will talk a little bit more about God’s power. We’ll also talk more about trusting Jesus and facing fear in His strength. We’re going to learn about:
- Peace: Knowing God’s love for us, that His intentions for us are good, and His limitless power over all aspects of life and creation should have enabled the disciples to sleep through the storm like Jesus did.
- Be still: Stillness means we stop looking for ways to fix problems on our own. We need to stop activating according to our own plans. Instead we need to seek God’s guidance and start acting according to His will.
- Jesus’ Power: Jesus’ amazing display of power over the storm should give us confidence that Jesus can help us through any situation. When we face trouble, we can count on Jesus to help us because He has power over all things.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Rudy & Julia’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Julia & Rudy for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson about when Jesus Calms the Storm.
In today’s video, we will see Jesus’ amazing display of power over the storm. His power should have given the Disciples confidence that Jesus can help us through any situation. It should give us confidence that He can help us, too! When we face trouble, we can count on Jesus to help us because He has power over all things. Let’s learn a little bit more….
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Worshipping together by lifting our voices is a fun way we can lift up praise and thanksgiving for everything Jesus has done for us! Let’s sing and dance together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Jesus Calms the Storm. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Calms-The-Storm-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Calms-The-Storm-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jesus-Calms-The-Storm-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/jesus-calms-the-storm-bible-word-search-puzzles
And the men marveled, saying, “What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?”Matthew 8:27