Today, we will learn about the first miracle described in the Bible that Jesus performed. He turned water into wine without the required ingredients and without the required time to process naturally. He did the same when He created the world from nothing, and without the necessity of time. It is that same power that promises to completely transform His children: to do impossible things, to know the peace of forgiveness, to see the unseen, to experience joy unspeakable—to be completely re-created.
In performing this miracle, He showed:
- His power over creation
- His kindness to humanity
- How He could transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. Even ordinary people into extraordinary followers of Jesus Christ!
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Rudy & Julia for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson when, Jesus Turns Water into Wine. In this lesson we see that Jesus created not only something extraordinary, but something extraordinary out of something ordinary. Jesus does this with us! Through Him, all things are possible for us.
In today’s video, we learn about Jesus’ first miracle and how He demonstrated His power, His kindness and love for us and how He can transform anything – including us!
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Staying close to Jesus is one of the BEST ways we can learn from Him. When we make a decision to follow Jesus, we are also making a decision to thank Him for everything He has given us. Lifting our voices with praise and thanksgiving is so pleasing to Jesus! Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Jesus Turns Water into Wine. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Jesus-Turns-Water-Into-Wine-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Maze: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Jesus-Turns-Water-Into-Wine-Bible-Mazes.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Jesus-Turns-Water-Into-Wine-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Jesus-Turns-Water-Into-Wine-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.2 Corinthians 5:17
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- Every Nation Church Malaysia Kids YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC59AC4U9KvvMMjRkCh627IA/about
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids