Matthew 4:1–11, Mark 1:12–13; Luke 4:1–13
Today, we will learn that Jesus experienced all of the complications of life we face today. Jesus faced temptation following His 40 days of fasting in the desert. Satan tempted Him with things that tempt us to sin and take our focus off of God and His will for our lives.
We will learn that Satan tempted Jesus:
- Hunger: Jesus hadn’t eaten anything for 40 days—you can imagine how hungry He was! Satan tempted Him to use His power to turn a rock into a loaf of bread.
- Life: When Satan told Jesus to throw Himself off the temple, he was basically calling out Jesus to prove that He trusted God to protect Him from harm.
- Power: Satan offered Jesus a much easier way to obtain this power when compared to God’s plan. But Jesus followed God’s plan and, even though He was tempted, when Jesus lived as a man on earth, He never once sinned.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
He fasted, prayed as He prepared for His ministry. Think about all the noise and people around us sometimes… It can be very distracting making it hard for us to concentrate and focus. Though Jesus was tempted, he never sinned. Let’s visit with Rudy & Julia for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson when, Jesus is Tempted. We can learn from Jesus important lessons to remember we are tempted!
In today’s video, we learn about how Jesus is Tempted by Satan. Satan was trying to tempt Jesus in an attempt to get Him to sin. Jesus was and is stronger than Satan and, He knew that Satan’s temptations would not glorify God or help Him to defeat sin and death.
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Staying close to Jesus is one of the BEST ways we can learn to be strong against temptation. Next time you’re deciding whether to stay on God’s path, or to wander into sin, remember this song and sing your way back to Jesus! Through music and song, we can also have a mission to tell everyone about Jesus. Lifting our voices with praise and thanksgiving is so pleasing to the Lord! Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, John the Baptist. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Matthew-4-Jesus-Tempted-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Matthew-4-Jesus-Tempted-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Matthew-4-Jesus-Tempted-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Matthew-4-Jesus-Tempted-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’”Matthew 4:10
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- CJ and Friends YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/c/CJandFriends/about
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids