Matthew 4:18-22; 10:1-4, Mark 3:16-19, Luke 6:13-16, Acts 1:13
Last week, we learned about a wedding – one where Jesus performed his first miracle by turning ordinary water into very special wine. Today, we’ll learn about how Jesus called a group of ordinary people to join Him in His mission and to do very special work. Jesus didn’t pick them just to do work, though.
Jesus called them to:
- Be friends with them
- Teach them
- Help them fulfill the great work of proclaiming the good news to the ends of the earth once He left
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Let’s visit with Rudy & Julia for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson when Jesus Chooses His 12 Disciples. In this lesson we see that, Jesus used ordinary people to work in His ministry and to share the Good News! We can be His disciples, too, when we follow Him and spread His Name!
In today’s video, we learn about Jesus’ first disciples and how they turned their lives over to Jesus. Watch and think about how you can follow Jesus, too!
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Staying close to Jesus is one of the BEST ways we can learn from Him. When we make a decision to follow Jesus, we are also making a decision to thank Him for everything He has given us. Lifting our voices with praise and thanksgiving is so pleasing to Jesus! Let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Jesus Chooses His 12 Disciples. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Jesus-Chooses-His-12-Disciples-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Jesus-Chooses-His-12-Disciples-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Jesus-Chooses-His-12-Disciples-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Jesus-Chooses-His-12-Disciples-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”Matthew 4:19