Genesis 12:3, Isaiah 7:14, 9:6-7, 53:3-6, Jeremiah 31:15, Hosea 11:1, Micah 5-2, Matthew 1:1, 1:21-23, 2:6, 2:13-15, John 7:42, Colossians 1:17
Today, we see will how Christmas shows us that God has had a plan to send a savior to our world since the beginning of His Creation. The Bible tells us about God’s plan, beginning in Genesis and through the prophets of the Old Testament, long before Jesus’ birth.
Today, we learn that:
- Jesus should always be the center of our lives. When we read the Bible, we learn how to live like God wants us to, and how we can make Jesus the center of our lives.
- God fulfills every promise He makes. God is faithful. If He makes a promise, He will keep it. It may take longer to happen than we would like, but God will fulfill His promises.
- Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas. God has given us so much through His Son, Jesus. Christmas is a time when we reflect and celebrate those very special gifts. There is no gift more precious than the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.
Jesus is the reason for the season and the center of our lives all year long!
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Now, sit with Rudy & Julia for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson, The Promise of Christmas. Did you know that Christmas was part of God’s plan all the way back to His Creation of the world? In the very first book of The Bible, Genesis, we learn about God’s Plan to send a Savior. We know His name – His name is Jesus.
In today’s video, we learn about how God’s Plan, and His Promise to send a Savior, was shared with His people since the beginning of time. Learn about how the Old Testament, written thousands of years ago, reveals God’s Plan that a Baby would be born. It is because of that Baby – Jesus – that we celebrate Christmas!
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Christmas traditions are filled with wonderful songs and give us a special way to worship God while we tell others about God’s love. Lifting our voices with praise and thanksgiving is so pleasing to the Lord! Settle for a moment and think about what a very, very special time that Christmas is – it’s the time that Jesus was born! So let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, The Promise of Christmas. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/The-Promise-of-Christmas-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/The-Promise-of-Christmas-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Mazes: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/The-Promise-of-Christmas-Bible-Mazes.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/The-Promise-of-Christmas-Spot-the-Differences.pdf
And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.Colossians 1:17