Today, we will learn about The Magi, also known as wise men, and their journey to find the newborn king who would bring salvation to the whole world! Their journey is a little bit like our journey to learn about Jesus – and how we must try to learn about him. The Wise Men set out on a journey to seek Him, know Him, and worship Him—though we might not walk for miles to learn about Jesus, we pray, read our Bibles and talk to others every day to learn more about Him.
The Journey of the Wise Men teaches us:
- Miraculous News: At Christmas, we celebrate the good news that Jesus was born. We also celebrate the greatest gift from Jesus – eternal salvation through Him.
- Miraculous Birth: God made a promise to send a Savior, throughout the Old Testament. Even though it may have sounded impossible, He made it happen.
- Miraculous Mission: Like the shepherds who went out to tell everyone they met about what they had witnessed the night that Jesus was born, the Christmas story gives each one of us the opportunity to share the Good News with others.
Jesus is the reason for the season and the center of our lives all year long!
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Now, sit with Rudy & Julia for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson, The Journey of the Wise Men.
In today’s video, we learn about The Journey of the Wise Men.
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Christmas traditions are filled with wonderful songs and give us a special way to worship God while we tell others about God’s love. Lifting our voices with praise and thanksgiving is so pleasing to the Lord! Settle for a moment and think about what a very, very special time that Christmas is – it’s the time that Jesus was born! So let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising Him, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, The Journey of the Wise Men. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Matthew-2-Journey-of-the-Wise-Men_-The-Magi-Christmas-Story-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Mazes: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Matthew-2-Journey-of-the-Wise-Men_-The-Magi-Christmas-Story-Bible-Mazes.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Matthew-2-Journey-of-the-Wise-Men_-The-Magi-Christmas-Story-Kids-Spot-the-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Matthew-2-Journey-of-the-Wise-Men_-The-Magi-Christmas-Story-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzle.pdf
You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.Jeremiah 29:13
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- Heidi Billington YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiXR8MIQ3spHYUJCugBVVGA/featured
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids