Today, we will learn about how, no matter how many challenges or hardships we might face in our lives, God has the power to save us. The Lord loves us, and He helps people in need. We always have a reason to be thankful to God because His love never ends!
Today, we’ll learn:
- We can see God’s mercy and love in the way He saves those who love him from sin and evil.
- We can know that, no matter what situation we may find ourselves in, we can always remember that God loves us and He alone has the power to help us.
- We have a God who wants us to reach out to Him, to ask Him when we need help. He hears us and will care for us no matter what mistakes we have made or what other people think of us.
- We should always focus on God’s love and give Him praise and thanksgiving!
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Now, sit with Rudy & Julia for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson, Song of Thanksgiving.
In today’s video, we learn about how God’s power and mercy is enough to save us. He alone is powerful enough to help us not matter what situation we are facing in our lives. We should praise Him and give Him thanks every day because He uses His power to save us from sin and evil.
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Let’s worship God through music! Lifting our voices with praise and thanksgiving is so pleasing to the Lord! Settle for a moment and think of all of the many blessings Jesus has given us. So let’s lift our voices together and, while we are giving thanks, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Song of Thanksgiving. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Psalm-107-Song-of-Thanksgiving-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Psalm-107-Song-of-Thanksgiving-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Psalm-107-Song-of-Thanksgiving-Spot-the-Differences.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Psalm-107-Song-of-Thanksgiving-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!Psalm 107:1
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- Jana Alayra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Montbear6178/about
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids