Matthew 11:25-30, John 6:10-13, John 11:40-44, Luke 22:17-19, and 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Today, we will talk about how Jesus was thankful in all things – and how we will become closer to God when we are thankful in all things, too!
- Jesus was rejected by the religious leaders, people from His hometown, and whole nations! It hurts to be rejected by anyone, but Jesus knew the unending love and acceptance of His Father.
- Jesus often faced impossibilities but He knew the glory of God would be revealed in Him. Before feeding a large crowd, He thanked God for the five loaves and three fish, then proceeded to feed more than 5,000 people with what He had.
- Jesus experienced the sorrow of a loved-one’s death. His Father in Heaven heard His cries and knew His sadness. For this he was thankful.
- Jesus faced persecution and death. Jesus trusted in and was thankful for His Father’s salvation plan. He submitted to His Father even to the point of death on the cross.
In everything that we do, we can find a reason to praise God and give Him thanksgiving!
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Talk to your family about the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Now, sit with Rudy & Julia for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson, Jesus Gives Thanks.
In today’s video, we learn about how Jesus showed thankfulness in all things. We can learn from Jesus. We can learn that, even if we had no friends at all, that doesn’t mean we are alone—God is always with us, and He loves us more than any single person in the whole world ever could.
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Let’s worship God through music! Lifting our voices with praise and thanksgiving is so pleasing to the Lord! Settle for a moment and think of all of the many blessings Jesus has given us. So let’s lift our voices together and, while we are giving thanks, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Jesus Gives Thanks. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Matthew-11-Jesus-Gives-Thanks-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Matthew-11-Jesus-Gives-Thanks-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Matthew-11-Jesus-Gives-Thanks-Kids-Spot-the-Differences.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Matthew-11-Jesus-Gives-Thanks-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
Give thanks whatever happens. That is what God wants for you in Christ Jesus.1 Thessalonians 5:18