2 Chronicles 20
Today, we will learn about how thankfulness can defeat fear and anxiety, how being thankfulness creates faith and trust in God. The lessons we will learn about how fear and thankfulness are related include:
- How important it is that we talk to the Lord about our fears. Even though the Bible teaches that God doesn’t want us to be afraid, He understands that we need His help when we are and He wants us to turn to Him in those times.
- How important it is that we remember the promises He has made. He loves us. He is our friend. He will provide for us. We will be less fearful when we remember God’s promises.
- How important it is to thank God for what He has already done for us. Jesus died for us so that we could be forgiven of our sins. He will continue to provide for us.
- Recite His promises. When you are anxious or afraid, remember His promises, say them out loud!
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Have family discussion of the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Now, sit with your Rudy & Julia for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson, Give Thanks to the Lord.
In today’s video, we learn about how giving thanks and praise to God strengthens our faith. God promises to us are many and He does not want for us to be afraid, but He understands that we need His help when we are and He wants us to turn to Him in those times.
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Sometimes people who don’t know about God or about worshipping Him will be drawn to His love through music! We know we can worship God through music, too! So let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Give Thanks to the Lord. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/2-Chronicles-20-Give-Thanks-to-the-Lord-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/2-Chronicles-20-Give-Thanks-to-the-Lord-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/2-Chronicles-20-Give-Thanks-to-the-Lord-Kids-Spot-the-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/2-Chronicles-20-Give-Thanks-to-the-Lord-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzle.pdf
Do not worry about anything. But pray and ask God for everything you need. And when you pray, always give thanks.Philippians 4:6 ICB