Today, we will talk about not being anxious – worried – about our lives. Instead of being worried, we should turn our minds to the kingdom of God. It is easy to worry about things like money, food, and clothing, but in this lesson, we learn the reasons why we shouldn’t worry. We will learn that:
- First of all, it doesn’t accomplish anything. Our anxious thoughts won’t put food on the table or a roof over our heads. Our God owns all of creation; He can easily provide everything we need from His limitless supply.
- Secondly, if our Father in heaven feeds the birds and colorfully clothes the flowers, why wouldn’t he feed and clothe us—aren’t we more important than a little bird, or a flower?
- Thirdly, worrying is not a good habit for Kingdom-minded people. Jesus says that if we trust Him and make pursuing His kingdom our life quest, He will take care of everything. And besides all this, our Father in heaven is aware of what we need, even before we ask Him for it.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Have family discussion of the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Now, sit with your Rudy & Julia for a little while to LISTEN to this story about this lesson, Do Not Worry.
In today’s video, we learn about how God provides for us just as He provides for the birds and all of nature. When worry sets in we know we should turn our minds to the kingdom of God. It is easy to worry about things like money, food, and clothing, but in this lesson, we learn the reasons why we shouldn’t and why we should trust in God.
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Sometimes people who don’t know about God or about worshipping Him will be drawn to His love through music! We know we can worship God through music, too! So let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about this lesson, Do Not Worry. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Matthew-6-Do-Not-Worry-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Matthew-6-Do-Not-Worry-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Matthew-6-Do-Not-Worry-Kids-Spot-the-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Matthew-6-Do-Not-Worry-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
Do not worry about anything. But pray and ask God for everything you need. And when you pray, always give thanks.Philippians 4:6 ICB