Today, we will see what it means to have Saving Faith. Faith is a God-given gift that allows us to begin to understand a bit about the heavenly treasures of God’s Kingdom. When we have true faith, saving faith, we can believe and be completely assured that God is true to His word and that He is faithful to His promises. We will learn that:
1. Faith gives us the ability to see that we are indeed sinners in need of a Savior, and we can place our trust in Him completely.
2. Faith reveals that there is only one true God and that He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
3. By faith, we see that the things seen around us are temporary, but the gifts of God are eternal.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Have family discussion of the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Now, sit with your Rudy & Julia for a little while to LISTEN to this story about Saving Faith.
In today’s video, we learn about Abraham’s faith and why sometimes God known as the “God of Abraham.” Abraham knew that even though we may fail and doubt God promises and power, God never fails, so there is no need for us to doubt. God never gives up on us, so we should never give up on Him.
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Sometimes people who don’t know about God or about worshipping Him will be drawn to His love through music! We know we can worship God through music, too! So let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about Saving Faith. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Hebrews-11-Saving-Faith-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Hebrews-11-Saving-Faith-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Hebrews-11-Saving-Faith-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Hebrews-11-Saving-Faith-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
Faith means being sure of the things we hope for. And faith means knowing that something is real even if we do not see it.Hebrews 11:1 ICB
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- LifeTree Kids: https://www.youtube.com/c/LifetreeKids/about
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids