Matthew 7:13-14, Romans 10:5-13, Matthew 10:26-33
Today, we will study about Jesus – the way, the truth and the life. The only way to Heaven. We will learn that the gate to Heaven is a narrow gate and only Jesus can show the way to it.
We will learn about:
- Salvation: This means that we can be saved and protected from sin and its consequences. Salvation is a work that only God can do, and it is only available through repentance and by faith in Jesus’ death on the cross.
- Large gate and wide path: The wide path is easy to see and easy to access. Whether the path chosen on the wide road is easy or filled with challenges, it always ends the same—in eternal death and destruction—because not one way on the broad path can take us to Heaven.
- Small gate and narrow path: The narrow path is the less obvious and it is much more difficult to enter. We must follow Jesus in order to get on this one-and-only path to heaven and eternal life. The narrow path is open to everyone who will do things God’s way, even when we don’t want to.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Have family discussion of the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Now, sit with your Rudy & Julia for a little while to LISTEN to this story about Salvation – The Way to Heaven.
In today’s video, we learn about how salvation and a place in Heaven is a work that only God can do, and it is only through repentence – truly being sorry for our sins – and faith in Jesus’ saving grace for us that Heaven is open to us.
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Sometimes people who don’t know about God or about worshipping Him will be drawn to His love through music! We know we can worship God through music, too! So let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about what Salvation Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/10/Matthew-7-Plan-of-Salvation-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/10/Matthew-7-Plan-of-Salvation-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/10/Matthew-7-Plan-of-Salvation-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/10/Matthew-7-Plan-of-Salvation-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.Matthew 7:13-15