Today, we will study about the special kind of love we get from God – Agape love. God wants us to share His love to every corner of the Earth and He wants every person to experience His love.
With God’s love we can:
- Create Unity – by sharing Jesus and His love with our brothers and sisters that we’ve never met, who live in different countries and even speak a different language than we do.
- Find our Purpose – God created us to serve a purpose, think about it as being created to do a certain work or job. He gave us spiritual gifts so we can do that work. When we use the gifts He gave us, we glorify Him and help others come to know Jesus.
- Be transformed – that means that the more we love God, the closer we grow to Jesus, the more we are becoming the person God wants us to be.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Have family discussion of the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Now, sit with your Rudy & Julia for a little while to LISTEN to this story about God’s love – Agape love.
In today’s video, we learn about how God’s special love is the most special of all of the spiritual gifts. What’s more, God’s agape love is given to everyone and we can share that love with everyone, in everything we do!
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Sometimes people who don’t know about God or about worshipping Him will be drawn to His love through music! We know we can worship God through music, too! So let’s lift our voices together and, while we are praising, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today. Let’s lift them and those who don’t know the Lord up as we praise Him with song!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about what Love Is…. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/10/1-Corinthians-13-Love-Is-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/10/1-Corinthians-13-Love-Is-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/10/1-Corinthians-13-Love-Is-Kids-Spot-the-Differences.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/10/1-Corinthians-13-Love-Is-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.1 Corinthians 13:13