Do you remember last week – we studied about pride? We learned that God has given us everything that allows us to feel pride – our skills, our resources, the opportunities – and that we must honor Him, and give credit & glory to God for all of our good works. We dishonor Him if we don’t.
In today’s lesson we’ll learn about:
- Obedience: Daniel obeyed God’s commandments and laws. Because he did so, others learned that he was responsible and trustworthy, and gave him a great deal of responsibility .
- Relationship: Daniel loved the Lord. He studied scripture and prayed often. As a result, his relationship with the Lord was very real and a very important part of his life.
- Faith: Daniel’s relationship with the Lord led to him having strong faith. His trust in God was evident while he was in the lion’s den.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Have family discussion of the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Now, sit with your Rudy & Julia for a little while to LISTEN to this story about Daniel 6 – Lion’s Den.
In today’s video, Daniel continues to show great courage and faith in God. There were people around him who were jealous of him and they cooked up a scheme that put Daniel in great danger. And once again, through Daniel’s actions, others can see that Daniel’s God is an awesome God!
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Don’t you love to sing praise to God? So do these kids! Let’s join them, raise our voices to the Lord! And while we are praising, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today as well as those who don’t know about Jesus. Let’s lift them up to the Lord, too!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about the Den of Lions. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Daniel-6-Den-of-Lions-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Daniel-6-Den-of-Lions-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Daniel-6-Den-of-Lions-Spot-the-Differences.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Daniel-6-Den-of-Lions-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.2 Timothy 1:7
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- allun2him YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/allun2him/about
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids