In the story of the The Captivity, we going to meet Daniel. That’s the name of the person and the name of the book in the Old Testament. Daniel was one of the Major Prophets and the Book of Daniel is the 27th Book in the Old Testament. Daniel’s story is one of faith and courage. We can learn a lot from Daniel. In today’s lesson, we’re going to get to know Daniel a little bit and we’re going to learn 3 important things about Daniel:
- Bold Faith: Daniel stood up for his beliefs even in the face of danger.
- The Power of Convictions: Daniel stood up to a king who could have had him killed for disobedience but he knew that it was far more important to obey God.
- Witnessing Well: Daniel’s bold stance allowed God to show His power to people who did not believe in Him.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Have family discussion of the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Now, sit with your teachers for a little while to LISTEN to this story about The Captivity.
Get cozy for a minute and watch to learn a little bit more about how Daniel lived his faith in God!
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Don’t you love to sing praise to God? Worship songs are another form of prayer to God and He loves to hear our praise and prayer! Let’s raise our voices and move it! And while we are praising, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today as well as those who don’t know about Jesus. Let’s lift them up to the Lord, too!
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”Joshua 1:9
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about The Captivity. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Daniel-1-The-Captivity-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Daniel-1-The-Captivity-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Daniel-1-The-Captivity-Spot-the-Differences.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Daniel-1-The-Captivity-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- Lifetree Kids YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/LifetreeKids/about
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids