Reading from: Daniel 2:1-49
Today, we will continue studying the book of Daniel from the Old Testament. Daniel was one of the Major Prophets and the Book of Daniel is the 27th Book in the Old Testament. In today’s lesson, Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream, while we study about events in Daniel’s life, we’re going to learn more about God. We’ll learn about 3 important things about the nature of God:
- God is in control of the powerful: Just as God gave King Nebuchadnezzar dreams telling him about the future, He can give guidance and wisdom to our president and other world leaders. Many of them may not believe in God, but He is still powerful enough to.
- God is in control of his people: We often face difficult situations, but like Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, we can look to God for wisdom and guidance in how to handle challenges. God’s plan will be carried out regardless of the good or bad decisions people make. For those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28).
- God is in control of all history: God’s knowledge of the future did not end with the reign of King Nebuchadnezzar. The future that was shown in the king’s dream still applies: God’s kingdom will be established on earth, and it will be greater than all others established by people in the past, present, and future.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Have family discussion of the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Now, sit with your teachers for a little while to LISTEN to this story about Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream.
Get cozy for a minute and watch to learn a little bit more about how God moved in Daniel’s life!
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Don’t you love to sing praise to God? Did you know that worship songs are another form of prayer to God? He loves to hear our praise and prayer! Let’s raise our voices and move it! And while we are praising, let’s remember those around us who really need the Lord’s help today as well as those who don’t know about Jesus. Let’s lift them up to the Lord, too!
But if any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. God is generous. He enjoys giving to all people, so God will give you wisdom.James 1:5
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Page: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Daniel-2-Nebuchadnezzars-Dream-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Daniel-2-Nebuchadnezzars-Dream-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Daniel-2-Nebuchadnezzars-Dream-Spot-the-Differences.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Daniel-2-Nebuchadnezzars-Dream-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf