Exodus 20-25 & Deuteronomy 5
In the story of the The Ten Commandments, we learn about how God taught the Israelites how He wanted them to live. This lesson teaches the importance of keeping God in our lives and seeking His will. It also shows how easy it can be to fall into temptation. Today’s lesson is told in Exodus Chapters 20-32 and in Deuteronomy Chapter 5.
Before we jump into The Ten Commandments, let’s pray. Let’s PRAY some of the things we will learn about this week:
- How God gave us 10 ways He wants us to live.
- How important it is that we stay close to God, every day.
- How we need to be careful that we do not make other things become more important than God.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia & Rudy’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Have family discussion of the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Now, sit with your teachers for a little while to LISTEN to this story about The Ten Commandments.
Get cozy for a minute and watch to learn a little bit more about how God gave Moses Ten Commandments to guide our lives. Part of what we learn in this video is how important it is that we wait on the Lord with patience. God’s timing is not always the same as our timing. Again we learn about how important it is that we trust in Him!
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Do you think Moses & the Israelites sang praise to God? Worship songs are another form of prayer to God and He loves to hear our praise and prayer! Let’s raise our voices and move it! And while we are praising, let’s remember those around us who might be scared and hurting. Let’s lift them up to the Lord, too!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about The Ten Commandments. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/The-Ten-Commandments-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Mazes: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/The-Ten-Commandments-Bible-Mazes.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Ten-Commandments-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/The-Ten-Commandments-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
You shall have no other gods before me.Exodus 20:3