Exodus 12 – 15
Today, we’re going to talk about The Exodus. The Exodus is the name that given to the journey the Israelites made when they left Egypt and their life of slavery. It was a long journey and the whole story is told in the Old Testament book called Exodus. Today’s lesson is told in Exodus Chapters 12 – 15.
Before jump into the Exodus story, let’s pray. Let’s PRAY some of the things we learned about last week and will learn about this week:
- How God has the power to lead us. He has a plan for us and He will guide us if we turn to Him.
- How God has the power to save us. He brought the people out of slavery and will protect them during their journey.
- How God has power over His creation. Though Moses led the people, he was only able to do so because of God’s mighty power.
HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Julia’s video
- Watch the lesson video
- Have family discussion of the lesson
- Lift up your voice and dance in worship for the Lord!
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Now, sit with your teacher for a little while to LISTEN to this story about The Exodus.
Get cozy for a minute and watch to learn a little bit more about God made a way for Moses and the Israelites to escape Pharaoh and slavery. While you’re watching, think about how much Moses and the people had to trust in God during journey and how hard the journey must have been. Again we learn about how faithful God is to help us and how important it is that we trust in Him!
SING & DANCE IN WORSHIP:
Do you think Moses & the Israelites sang praise to God? God loves to hear our praise and wants us to shout it out to everyone around us! Let’s raise our voices and move it! And while we are praising, let’s remember those around us who might be scared and hurting. Let’s lift them up to the Lord, too!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about The Exodus. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Pages: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/08/The-Exodus-Story-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/08/The-Exodus-Story-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/08/The-Exodus-Story-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
- Word Search: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/08/The-Exodus-Story-Bible-Word-Search-Puzzles.pdf
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?Psalm 27:1
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- Hilltop City Life Christian Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Christian-moviesCoUk/about
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids