HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Rudy & Julia video
- View the age appropriate children’s video
- Have family discussion of the lesson
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Today, we’re going to talk about The Early Church. Before we get started, let’s take a moment to pray. PRAY about:
- Jesus – how He loves you and how you love Him
- Your family – give thanks for them, pray for their health and safety
- Your church – for Pastor Brian and for all of your friends and their families
- Our nation – pray for wisdom about the Covid-19 virus and that we will continue to turn to God for His wisdom during this time.
Now, take a moment to LISTEN to your teachers this morning!
Here’s a couple of videos that you can watch that will tell you more about what a special time it was when the Church was just beginning:
Activities: here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about The Early Church. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
The Early Church – coloring pages, puzzles and fill-in-the-blank reviews. http://childrenfiles.cccm.com/NTSupportCurriculumPDF/286TheEarlyChurch.pdf
Talk about what you learned today with your parents, friends and brothers and sisters. You can even call one of your friends from Sunday School and talk to them about what you both learned!
Remember, no matter what’s going on, or how hard it might be to stay quarantined, God is with us and loves us.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.1 John 4:16 NIV
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa Children’s Ministries:
- Lesson plan: http://childrenfiles.cccm.com/NTTeacherGuidePDF/CURNT286.pdf
- Puzzles & coloring pages: http://childrenfiles.cccm.com/NTSupportCurriculumPDF/286TheEarlyChurch.pdf