HOW TO USE THIS PAGE
- Start with family prayer
- Watch Rudy & Julia video
- View the age appropriate children’s video
- Have family discussion of the lesson
- Optional: Print out activity sheets
- Optional: Collect supplies to complete the activity sheets – crayons, etc.
- Close in prayer
Today, we’re going to talk about Philip and the Ethiopian in Acts chapter 8. Before we get started, let’s take a moment to pray. PRAY about:
- How the Ethiopian government official was seeking God.
- How God led Philip to meet the official.
- How the official was ready to accept Jesus as his savior.
- How Jesus can help us talk to people about His love for us.
Now, sit with your teachers for a little while to LISTEN to this wonderful story:
VIDEO FOR ALL AGES:
Sit down and watch to see how Philip was faithful to share the Good News with the government official from Ethiopia. God can help you share your love for Jesus with others, too!
MAKE A JOYFUL NOISE:
We can praise God AND share the Good News of Jesus with others through music. Grab your family, raise your voices together and DANCE!!!
Here are some coloring pages, puzzles and other activities for you to help you learn more about Philip and the Ethiopian. Ask your parents or an adult to help you print them out or find the supplies you’ll need for each one.
- Coloring Pages: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/05/Acts-8-Philip-and-the-Ethiopian-Sunday-School-Coloring-Pages.pdf
- Crossword Puzzle: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/05/Acts-8-Philip-and-the-Ethiopian-Sunday-School-Crossword-Puzzles.pdf
- Maze: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/05/Acts-8-Philip-and-the-Ethiopian-Bible-Mazes.pdf
- Spot the Difference: https://cchmb.org/content/uploads/2020/05/Acts-8-Philip-and-the-Ethiopian-Kids-Spot-The-Difference.pdf
Talk about what you learned today with your parents, friends and brothers and sisters. You can even call one of your friends from Sunday School and talk to them about what you both learned!
Remember, Jesus’ love is a special gift. Jesus can use us to tell others about Him.
At that time the Holy Spirit will teach you what you must say.Luke 12:12
RESOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS LESSON:
- Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa Children’s Ministries Lesson plan: http://childrenfiles.cccm.com/NTTeacherGuidePDF/CURNT291.pdf
- Sharefaith Subscription Video, Puzzles & Coloring Pages: https://hello.sharefaith.com/sharefaith-kids
- Jana Alayra Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/user/Montbear6178